Can an ordinary wooden spoon become an instrument of terror? If it's in the hands of horror/thriller novelist Scott Sigler, bet the farm on it. Behold THE SPANKY SPOON, one of 12 collectible online-exclusive posters celebrating the Dec. 30 release of Sigler's latest hardcover horror thriller, CONTAGIOUS. (Click the image to download the high-resolution PDF.)
Today, all 12 PDF posters will be released, each on a different blog -- and like THE SPANKY SPOON, each foreshadows a key plot element of Scott's novel. The author is raising the cool factor, too: If you find all 12, print them out and assemble them in the right pattern, you'll score a final clue about the book's big finish.
I've read CONTAGIOUS. I loved it. It's an awesome, unholy genre-blur -- equal parts horror, hard science, action, thriller and psychological terror. Booklist's starred review says, "Many veteran horror writers will be grinding their teeth in envy. A definite must-read."
To give you a further free taste of the book's brilliance, Scott is giving away the entire novel as a serialized, unabridged podcast and a serialized PDF. This content posts every Sunday. The first two episodes are available at ScottSigler.com. The book is also available for pre-order.
The other 11 collectible CONTAGIOUS posters are available at these fine online purveyors:
- Blog of all things cool, BoingBoing
- Science-fiction news blog io9.com
- The death-dealing vidcast Ask a Ninja
- Ringtone and cell-phone content site Myxer
- Indie rock showcase podcast Accident Hash
- Science fiction/fantasy publisher Tor
- Astronomy/science blog and podcast Bad Astronomy
- Social media guru Chris Brogan
- Comedy podcast Keith and the Girl
- Tech and online culture vidcast Epic-Fu
- Scott Sigler’s site, home of multiple, free podcast novels
ABOUT THE NOVEL: Across America, a mysterious pathogen transforms ordinary people into raging killers, psychopaths driven by a terrifying, alien agenda. The human race fights back, yet after every battle the disease responds, adapts, using sophisticated strategies and brilliant ruses to fool its pursuers. The only possible explanation: the epidemic is driven not by evolution but by some malevolent intelligence....
Even more brainmeltingly cool (and free!) Scott Sigler content awaits the brave:
- Subscribe to the free CONTAGIOUS audiobook podcast: Click here.
- Subscribe to the free CONTAGIOUS serialized PDF series: Click here.
- View the eerie-as-hell CONTAGIOUS book trailer: Click here.
- Even more free audiobooks and short fiction by Scott Sigler: Click here.
So. Your mission: Download all 12 posters ... buy CONTAGIOUS ... and sleep with the lights on for the next month ...